home > departments > parks & recreation > community commons & pavilion stage
CAROLINA WEST WIRELESS COMMUNITY COMMONS &
WILKES COMMUNICATIONS PAVILION
The Carolina West Wireless Community Commons venue is an inviting, family-friendly public space that features the new Wilkes Communications Pavilion stage, a concert lawn, a versatile hardscape area, firepits, and a connector to the Yadkin River Greenway. These improvements are a part of a multi-phase revitalization effort planned for Wilkesboro's downtown district. This park is located at 102 West Main Street in the heart of Historic Downtown Wilkesboro.
This award-winning venue is home to"Concerts in the Commons" and "Movies on Main" that are town-sponsored events. Just a few of the other events Carolina in the Fall, Brushy Mtn. Peach and Heritage Festival, and FaithFest Kickoff Concert have made their home here as well. We will post events on Historic Downtown Wilkesboro and on the Town of Wilkesboro-Government Facebook pages and on our home page.
Visitors are also encouraged to check out the Heritage Square Splash Pad, one of the “coolest” spots for summertime fun in downtown, located adjacent to the Community Commons in the front courtyard of the Wilkes Heritage Museum.
DOWNTOWN & PARK REVITALIZATION
The journey and long-term public participation
- 1990's - Small Area Plan
- 2007 - Wilkesboro Comprehensive Plan
- 2009 - Wilkesboro becomes a Small Town Main Street Community
- 2011 - Historic Downtown Master Plan for Historic Downtown Wilkesboro
- 2015 - Schematic Design for Historic Downtown Wilkesboro
- November 2017 - Phase 1 Construction started
- September 2018 - first music festival held was "Carolina in the Fall" which was an instant success and award-winning!!