home > i want to > get > utilities turned on
OPENING A UTILITY ACCOUNT
We would like to welcome you to our town. You will need to come inside Wilkesboro Town Hall located at 203 West Main Street in Wilkesboro (located beside the post office and Federal Building). You will need to bring the following with you.
Steps to Open a Utility Account:
1. All new customers must provide the following: New accounts CANNOT be set up over the telephone.
- Telephone number
- US Government photo ID
- Social Security Card or Federal Tax ID (business).
2. Payment is required before utility services can be connected.
Activation Fee $15.00 (non-refundable)
A Deposit is required: These fees are set by the Town Council.
Residential $75 (refundable upon closing account or applied to outstanding balance)
Commercial $125 (refundable upon closing account or applied to outstanding balance)
******* If the above items and fees in steps 1 and 2 are not provided, the deposit will increase to the following rates:
- Residential $150
- Commercial $250
3. If renting a residence or business, they must provide either the renter's agreement or lease agreement. Only the person whose name is on the agreement can have utility services connected in their name.
4. More utility billing information.